Why You Should Add a Fitness Room to Your Amenity List
Amenities for those living in an apartment complex or staying at a hotel are fantastic perks, and while some are surprising bonuses, others are expected. Multi-family communities often boast about a community pool, concierge service or even interior upgrades like granite counter tops of stainless steel appliances. Some newer amenities include outdoor kitchens and fire pits, rooftop lounges, bike parking and repair stations, and even dog washes and dog play areas. All of these amenities help promote a feeling of community and may seal the deal for those wanting to live in said community. Today the focus is exclusively related to multi-family community fitness rooms. When a property includes a fitness center as part of its amenity package, there are many factors involved in making sure they select the right equipment and have the correct layout based on their type of property and demographic. Some of these factors include:
- Creating inviting workout spaces through thoughtful design and layout
- Attention to current trends in fitness
- Progression of commercial exercise equipment– from beginner to advanced
- Good mix of equipment- something for everyone!
- Open spaces for stretching and functional training
- Utilizing technology to attract and maintain residents to the fitness center